MEGAComm recently hosted their annual multi-day conference on the Accelevents platform, in Jerusalem, Israel for hi-tech professionals. The event is typically held in person and features international speakers and attendees.
The Challenge: Finding An all-in-one Event Management Solution For Hosting The MEGAComm Multi-Day Conference
Directly following MEGAComm 2020, event organizers knew that a 2021 in-person event may be unlikely due to ongoing pandemic restrictions. Motivated to continue their annual event for its 15th anniversary, conference organizers searched for an event management solution that could meet the following requirements:
- An all-in-one event management platform where everything from ticketing to live streaming to networking could take place
- Customization in several areas throughout the event
- Intuitive for attendees to navigate and seamless for event organizers to set up
- Several opportunities for attendee engagement
- Reliable customer support on the days leading up to and during the conference
The Accelevents Solution: Creating A Custom Event Solution for MEGAComm
Accelevents’ robust features and 24/7 live customer support impressed MEGAComm’s event organizers and they chose to partner with us to continue their annual conference.
Along with speaker sessions, MEGAComm 2021 offered :
- Engagement opportunities through 1:1 speed networking sessions
- Drop-in group networking lounges
- Exhibitor booths
- Live video and chat functions
The conference featured over 30 speaker sessions ranging from “Soft Skills that Define a Successful Tech Writer” to “The Evolution of Smarter Content.
Lounges allowed attendees to drop in and out at their leisure, truly mimicking those casual, impromptu conversations at an in-person event. The conference encouraged group networking with a total of 9 themed lounges where attendees could choose their preferred networking topic such as Storytelling, UI/UX, or Working From Home. Lounges were also created for attendees to continue session discussions and post upcoming job opportunities.
Throughout each Main Stage and Breakout, attendees interacted via the in-session live chat, polls, and Q&A function. In the mentoring Workshop sessions, attendees had the opportunity to turn on their cameras and microphones to engage with each other for a roundtable discussion.MEGAComm 2021 took full advantage of Accelevents’ networking features.
Easily customizable exhibitor booths provided vendors with a tremendous opportunity to interact with attendees, share their resources, and set up meetings.
(Attendee names and photos in the live chat have been removed for privacy reasons.)
The Results: Doubled Event Stats!
A massive advantage of hosting a virtual event is the accessibility factor. MEGAComm’s international audience no longer needed to spend several hours traveling to attend the 3-day conference, resulting in attendance from 10 countries in 3 continents.
- MEGAComm secured more than double the number of international speakers than ever before which contributed to a more diverse lineup and enriching experience for all involved.
- By far, the networking aspect of MEGACOMM 2021 stood out to attendees and left them raving about the platform due to an authentic “conference feel.”
- The event included an hour-long 1:1 speed networking session each day of the agenda where attendees were randomly matched for 4-5 minutes with other attendees.
- Overall, Accelevents helped facilitate a total of 245 networking matches across the 3 sessions, enabling attendees to experience meaningful connections.
After hosting MEGAComm 2021 on the Accelevents platform, event organizers cannot imagine hosting future events without a virtual component.