IMEX is a treasure trove of networking opportunities, engaging talks, and innovative ideas. But this amazing three-day experience doesn't end when the exhibition floor closes. Your badge is a golden ticket to a range of ancillary events organized by IMEX exhibitors. Plus, Las Vegas itself is an event waiting to happen!
Get ready for some top-tier suggestions, handpicked by the Accelevents team, to help you make the most of your time outside the conference hall. Whether it's team-building activities, client entertaining, or just good old-fashioned fun, we've got you covered.
Side Events Hosted by IMEX Exhibitors and Friends
Don't miss out on exclusive side events hosted by IMEX exhibitors and industry friends, designed to enrich your IMEX America 2023 experience beyond the exhibit hall.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16
Hosted Buyer Lunch at Smart Monday
- What: Join MPI for the annual planner lunch during Smart Monday at IMEX 2023, sponsored by Los Cabos Tourism Board. The event is open to event planners and meeting professionals participating in the hosted buyer program. Capacity is limited.
- Details: Hosted Buyer Lunch by MPI
SITE Night with a 70s Theme
- What: Join SITE members and industry professionals for an incredible evening of networking with the best and brightest. Dress code: strictly 70s.
- Details: SITE Night by the SITE Foundation
Gather, Golf & Give Back
- What: The Bali Hai Golf Club is rated #10 of Top Courses in Nevada and is the only championship golf course remaining on the famed Las Vegas Strip.
- Details: MPI Foundation Golf Tournament
DJ Graffiti interactive music experience
- What: Join DJ Graffiti at Smart Monday for an interactive music experience, featuring live remixes and a tech app that lets you request songs on the spot.
- Details: DJ Graffiti’s Interactive Music Experience
Third Annual Smart Monday at IMEX Mystery Trip
- What: Networking event hosted by Mystery Trip, the event planning company that creates customized, experiential experiences that have surprised and delighted hundreds of international blue-chip companies, including SpaceX, Google, Red Bull, YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, Cisco, and many more.
- Details: Mystery Networking Event
EIC Global Awards
- What: The EIC Global Awards celebrate and honor exemplary achievements and focus on leadership at all levels and areas of focus within the global business events industry.
- Details: EIC Global Awards Celebration
Golden Vegas Nights
- What: Join 360 Destination Group as they celebrate the Golden Era of Las Vegas.
- Details: Golden Vegas Nights by 360 Destination Group
Skift Meetings Innovation Lab
- What: The Skift Meetings Innovation Lab is a highly interactive, peer-led forum diving into key industry topics, where participants can expect to gain actionable insights and build valuable connections.
- Details: Skift Meetings Innovation Lab Sessions
- What: Engage in focused one-on-one or small group chats on topics you and others post in the Braindate Topic Market. Ideal for brainstorming, problem-solving, or sharing insights.
- Details: Sign up at Braindate Site with code "IMEX2023". Meet your matches in the Braindate Lounge at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17
IMEX Celebratory Event at Hard Rock Cafe
- What: A night of fun, food, networking, and dancing in support of Pinktober
- Details: Hard Rock Cafe IMEX party hosted by Global DMC Partners
EventProfs Art Party
- What: Join the event professional community for a casual networking event with industry friends.
- Details: Event profs networking event by John Pistotti
The Breakdown LIVE @ IMEX: Designing for Belonging
- What: Join Encore LIVE from the IMEX America show floor for a planner-to-planner roundtable on designing inclusive events that foster belonging and drive impact.
- Details: The Breakdown LIVE by Encore
DMC Network party
- What: Enjoy a sky-high VIP reception at DMC Network’s signature Tuesday night event at Skyfall Lounge (located in the Delano Las Vegas). Talk to one of their HQ team members or DMC partners during day one of IMEX to get on the guest list.
- Details: DMC Party at IMEX America
Masters Experiential Engagement: How Illusion & LEGO Bricks Affect Change
- What: Tahira Endean, Head of Program at IMEX, chats with the mesmerizing illusionist, Alexander Great -- seen at Las Vegas’ flagship events -- and with Bruce B. Heller, the amazing animation artist (SpongeBob Squarepants and Disney’s Hercules) and LEGO Artist. They share their process to create experiences that delight audiences and change the way we think.
- Details: Master Experiential Engagement by BlaueXperiential Global Event Services
Encore Happy Hour
- What: Encore invites attendees to their immersive happy hours, taking place from 4 to 6 p.m. on both Tuesday and Wednesday. The setting in booth F600 will continually evolve over these two hours, offering a unique experience for each visitor.
- Details: Simply stop by at booth F600
Exclusive Event for Women in Events + Exhibitions + Tech + Production
- What: Join this exclusive meetup for Women in Events, Exhibitions, Tech, and Production at Booth C4939, aimed at prioritizing self-care and strengthening the sisterhood within the industry.
- Details: Dahlia El Gazzar’s LinkedIn post and RSVP form
Come Swing With vFairs at TopGolf
- What: Experience an evening of networking, golf, and gourmet delights with vFairs at Topgolf.
- Details: VFairs TopGolf experience
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18
Accelevents Event Agency Mixer: Connect, Collaborate and Commiserate
- What: Join Accelevents for a casual meet-up at booth #C5026.Come to network, explore potential partnerships, and share valuable insights with your peers.
- Details: Networking Event at the Accelevents Booth #C5026
MPI Rendezvous at IMEX America
- What: Organized by the MPI Foundation, this event offers a curated atmosphere for event professionals to network while enjoying top-notch entertainment, food, and drinks. It’s THE EVENT to be at. Get your tickets in advance. It’s $125 but well worth it. If you wait until the last minute, the price goes up!
- Details: Rendezvous at IMEX America
The Breakdown LIVE @ IMEX: Designing Immersive Experiences
- What:Join this special planner-to-planner roundtable streamed LIVE from the show floor at IMEX America in Las Vegas and learn how to tap into the power of immersive event design and the technology that enriches both attendees’ experiences and the landscape of event planning itself
- Details: The Breakdown LIVE by Encore
CMP Meet Up
- What: All CMPs and CMP Fellows invited for an informal conversation around trending topics. Meet and network with other CMP Colleagues to discuss challenges and identify solutions to your challenges.
- Details: Events Industry Council Networking Event
- What: Join your colleagues for a 5km fun run as dawn breaks over Las Vegas on Wednesday morning.
- Details: Register for the IMEXrun
Encore will be hosting immersive happy hours both Tuesday and Wednesday from 4p-6p
- Booth F600
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19
IMEX America '23 Highlights by Dahlia El Gazzar
- What: Dahlia El Gazzar and Michelle Bruno are on site at IMEX America 2023. Join them to cut the sh*it (possibly with a surprise guest or two) on what's new, what's working, and what could use a little help at this year's conference.
- Details: IMEX America Highlights 2023
Beyond the Conference: Make Las Vegas Your Playground
IMEX America isn't just about the expo floor; Las Vegas itself is an event playground waiting to happen. This section, curated by Accelevents, is your quick guide to unwinding and having fun when you're not talking shop. While IMEX offers discounts for some activities, the city's entertainment options are limitless. Ready to go beyond the conference hall? Let's dive in!
Explore the Strip
Topgolf Las Vegas
- What: Unwind and bond over golf games, food, and drinks. No golf skills required!
- Details: Topgolf Las Vegas
NASCAR Racing Experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- What: Feel the rush of controlling a real NASCAR race car.
- Details: Nascar Racing Experience
- What: Drive a collection of supercars on a real race track.
- Details: Exotics Racing
Gondola Rides at the Venetian
- What: Experience Italy in Vegas with a gondola ride at the Venetian.
- Details: Venetian Gondola Rides
Cirque Du Soleil
- What: Mesmerize your clients with a captivating performance. Try Michael Jackson ONE; it’s on at Mandalay Bay, right where the IMEX trade show is hosted.
- Details: Cirque Du Soleil
Wine and Dine at Joël Robuchon
- What: Offer your clients an exquisite French gourmet experience.
- Details: Joël Robuchon
The Neon Boneyard
- What: Discover the history of Las Vegas through its iconic neon signs.
- Details: The Neon Museum
Secret Food Tours Las Vegas
- What: Navigate Vegas through its culinary scene.
- Details: Secret Food Tours
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
- What: A bar with a view for casual conversations and networking.
- Details: House of Blues
Fremont Street Experience
- What: A pedestrian mall and attraction in downtown Las Vegas.
- Details: Fremont Street Experience
Speakeasy and Show at The Mob Museum
- What: Tour the museum, then head to the Underground for cocktails and networking.
- Details: The Mob Museum
Helicopter Tour Over the Grand Canyon
- What: A breathtaking chopper ride over one of the Seven Natural Wonders.
- Details: Maverick Helicopters Grand Canyon Tours
ATV Tours in the Nevada Desert
- What: An adventurous escape for those looking for an adrenaline rush.
- Details: Las Vegas ATV Tours
Whether you're here to bond with your team, dazzle clients, or network in a more relaxed setting, there's a Vegas experience waiting just for you. After all, what happens in Vegas doesn't always have to stay in Vegas - especially when it's this unforgettable.
Get Your Event Featured!
If you're hosting an event around IMEX 2023 and would like to see it added to our guide, feel free to email us. We'd love to add you to the list!