What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
- Our Service – We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, email address, or similar, when you register for an account on our site or opt-in to receive marketing information to help with your experience. If you choose to purchase a product from us or submit payment when participating in an event, our third-party payment processor will collect your payment information. We may send promotional or service-related emails. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any point either on our website or through the unsubscribe link found in any of our communication emails.
- However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service. We also use Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google AdWords (Conversion Tracking). Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on. Some or all of these tools may be used to track information about your behavior on our website depending on your region. For more please contact us at Privacy@accelevents.com.
Information We Collect on Behalf of Our Customers.
- Information Related To Data Collected For Our Customers: Accelevents collects information under the direction of its customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose data it may process. If you are a participant in an event of one of our current customers and would no longer like to have your information collected, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Access and Retention Of Data Controlled By Our Customers: An individual who is a current or former Accelevents customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to firstname.lastname@example.org. An individual who is a participant in the event of an Accelevents customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should can also direct his query email@example.com. If we receive a request under this provision, we will acknowledge it within seventy-two (72) business hours and handle it promptly.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide our services. Accelevents will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
When Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site to host or participate in an event, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you create an account, register for an event, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- If you have given your consent, we use the information that we collect to send you marketing communications in our newsletter
How We Share Your Information
- Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: Accelevents will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Accelevents, our users or others.
- What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Accelevents Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage and Processing.
Your information collected through the Accelevents Service may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which Accelevents or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Accelevents may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Accelevents adheres to the data processing standards and privacy shield policies as provided by Amazon Web Services.
Our Retention Of Your Information.
- If you have an account with Accelevents, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- If you are a visitor to the Accelevent Sites we will retain your information for as long as necessary.
Short Code Programs
For events using short code programs, users may opt out at any point by using the universal keywords STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, and QUIT – our system will respond by sending an opt-out message and, if the user is subscribed, by opting the user out of the program.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Accelevents does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Privacy@accelevents.com. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
How do we protect visitor information?
- Accelevents is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Accelevents or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Accelevents’ payment processor is Stripe Payments (http://www.stripe.com). Stripe has been certified as a Level 1 Service Provider of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS), which is the highest possible level. For verification of iATS Payments’ Report on Compliance (ROC) please see Visa’s Global Registry of PCI Validated Service Providers: http://www.visa.com/splisting/searchGrsp.do?companyNameCriteria=stripe. Service providers on this list were validated as PCI DSS compliant by a QSA and are required to re-validate their compliance on an annual basis.
- Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Accelevents will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 30 business days.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Your Choices About Your Information. For current Accelevents customers, you can review, correct, update or delete inaccuracies to the information about you that Accelevents keeps on file by logging into your account to update your password and profile information. Alternately (for data subjects tracked by Accelevents and former Accelevents customers), you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours and handle it promptly. Data protection law gives you a range of rights in connection with our processing of your personal data. In this regard, you have the right to request that we rectify or delete the personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data, if you think they are inaccurate. Furthermore, you have the right to object against the processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. We are required to assess and act on your request. Additionally, you also have the right to data portability if it should become relevant.
Users’ Rights; Contacting Accelevents:
You may contact us at email@example.com or by regular mail addressed to:
10 Post Office Square
Suite 800 South
Boston, MA 02109
Last Modified on 5-15-21